Connect with us

Go Cavite

P3.9-M set for student summer jobs in Cavite

P3.9-M SET FOR STUDENT SUMMER JOBS IN CAVITE

GoNews

P3.9-M set for student summer jobs in Cavite

General Trias city government has earmarked some PHP3.9 million as the local counterpart fund for the employment program with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) for students during summer vacation.
Ariel Mugol, Public Employment Service Office (PESO) manager, said Thursday the amount will cover the 60 percent daily wage while DOLE will shoulder the remaining 40 percent of each student workers, or a total of PHP4,427.20 for 22 working days.
Mugol said the city government has around 600 Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) comprised of college and senior high school beneficiaries who will be employed at the different local government offices here.
This year’s summer jobs include clerical, administrative and other general services scheduled for 200 students in three batches from April 8 to May 14; May 14 to June 17; and June 17 to July 17.
SPES is a government work program for the poor but deserving students aimed at augmenting their financial capability and easing the burden among parents.
The program is also designed to provide students the learning and working environment so they could also appreciate the value of public service.
“Learning is imperative because good results are not far behind if students learn how to earn and practice what they have learned,” Mugol said.
He said SPES is a collaborative undertaking of the local government and DOLE to provide students the “learn and earn” opportunity every summer vacation. (Dennis Abrina)

 

 

Continue Reading
You may also like...
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Francis Lawrence Marcelino

    May 26, 2019 at 4:12 am

    How to apply po? From Tanza po ako currently studying in Cavite State University Indang, mag 3rd year college next sem and BSIT student po. Thank you in advance

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in GoNews

Trending

Title

Recent Post

To Top