Connect with us

Duterte wants to start operations at Sangley airport

Duterte-wants-to-start-operations-at-Sangley-airport

GoNews

Duterte wants to start operations at Sangley airport

Discouraged over the congestion at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, President Rodrigo Duterte directed the prompt commencement of operations at Sangley Point in Cavite.

The president conducted a surprise inspection at NAIA-Terminal 2 last Monday after news of delayed flights over the weekend.

During the Cabinet meeting Monday night, Duterte mentioned a possible redo of the country’s main international gateway.

“The President directed operations in Sangley Point to start immediately,” presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo said in a statement.

The president’s directive came as Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade presented the plan to transfer general aviation or domestic flights to Sangley Point or the Danilo Atienza Air Base.

“Secretary Tugade reported that he had already initiated the testing of feries that can operate from Mall of Asia to Sangley within 18-24 minutes,” Panelo said.

Duterte also stated his preference that a single entity, either from the military or civilian force, should check airport security.

The Department of Transportation prior said it is targetting to complete restoration works at the former military air base in Cavite by yearend.

 

News source: Philippine Star

 

 

 

Continue Reading
You may also like...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in GoNews

Trending

Title

Recent Post

To Top