Jesus Crispin “Boying” Catibayan Remulla has always been an achiever. He believes in the value of education which was proven by his numerous accolades. He also has a lot of accomplishments professionally and during his term as a civil servant. Born on March 31st, 1961, the now-Governor of Cavite aims to transform the province into an economic driver and a role model for the country. By strengthening programs that addresses social concerns, developing new strategies to provide world-class government services, and initiating partnerships to empower Caviteños to become successful, “Kuya Gov” aims to build a sustainable and inclusive community within the province of Cavite.
Here are some trivia facts about our Kuya Gov:
1. Kuya Gov was born on a Good Friday, thus the name Jesus.
2. Kuya Gov was named after his grandfather Crispin Remulla.
3. “Boying” is a common nickname in Naic, Cavite, where his mother Ditas comes from.
4. Kuya Gov’s favorite audience is students, teachers, and other educators.
5. Kuya Gov is a hopeless romantic. He had a penchant for writing love
letters as a teenager, back when there were still no cell phones.
6. Kuya Gov placed 17 th in the 1987 Philippine Bar Examinations with an impressive grade of 85.05.
7. Kuya Gov hails from a family of topnotchers. His father, Juanito R. Remulla, Sr. placed 4 th in the 1955 Philippine Bar Exams; his brother Choy, placed 19 th in the Philippine Physician Licensure Examinations; his sister Chinky placed 7 th in the Philippine Architecture Licensure Examinations.
8. Kuya Gov has been on radio since 2005. He currently co-anchors a radio program that runs every Saturday, on DZRH, from 9AM-10:30AM.
9. Kuya Gov is poetic. He wrote songs and plays that won the highest awards at the Ateneo.
10. Kuya Gov got married to the lovely Ma. Josefina Diaz in 1982, and they have been together since.