Graduating students, brace yourselves for the life that awaits you outside the university premises. Anticipate the daily travel to work which eats about 3 hours of your day, the preparation of reports that gets you to work overtime, the constant pressure of hitting targets and quotas, and of course, the joy of receiving your first payslip.
But hold that thought – let’s not get too excited! Even before you step into your dream workplace, first you’d have to start fulfilling your employment application requirements such as NBI Clearance, Police Clearance, Philhealth, SSS, TIN, Birth Certificate among others. If you need another document to validate your identity, fret no more as the government released an easier way to apply for a Postal ID.
WHY DO YOU NEED A POSTAL ID?
Postal ID serves as a valid proof of an individual’s identity and residence. It is a good option for people without any ID since it is issued by the government and acknowledged by government offices.
HOW DO I GET A POSTAL ID?
On March 2015, the Philippine Postal Corporation (PhilPost) declared a new postal ID card that is easier to apply for and can be used as an official ID valid for 3 years. The ID Card is accepted and recognized as a primary identification document when getting a passport, transacting on banks and most especially, when applying for a job.
To get your postal ID, follow the simple steps below!
1. Prepare these three (3) following requirements:
- Duly accomplished application form (available at phlpost.gov.ph and at nationwide capture-sites)
- Original and photocopy of birth certificate from the National Statistics Office or the Local Civil Registry
- Original and photocopy of proof of address (barangay clearance or utility bill showing the applicant’s name and address (married females will also need to present a marriage certificate, while minors need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian)
2. After securing the abovementioned requirements, submit them to the nearest ID Capture Station Sites and have your ID photo and fingerprint registered. Find here which among the 260 capture sites nationwide is nearest you.
3. Pay the fees.
Postal I.D. Card + Delivery Fee: P450
12% VAT: P54
(as of June 2017)
4. Wait for the document to be delivered right to your doorstep! For Metro Manila-based applicants, postal IDs are released and delivered within 15 working days.
Are you a fresh graduate applying for a Postal ID? Let us know your experience by sharing your thoughts on Facebook or posting your comment below!