The Province of Cavite established a Unified Vehicular Reduction System (UVRS), also known as number coding scheme, for the purpose of regulating the operation of vehicles traversing along major thoroughfares within the territorial jurisdiction of the province.
The UVRS or the number coding scheme shall be implemented from Monday to Friday during the following hours:
- From 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- From 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Private vehicles with license plate or conduction sticker ending as shown below are prohibited to traverse the major roads and highways in the province of Cavite on corresponding days during the restricted hours mentioned below.
- 1 and 2 Monday
- 3 and 4 Tuesday
- 5 and 6 Wednesday
- 7 and 8 Thursday
- 9 and 0 Friday
- Aguinaldo Highway – covering the stretch of Bacoor to Dasmariñas-Silang boundary
- Governor’s Drive – covering the stretch of Carmona to Trece Martires City – Tanza boundary
- Molino-Salawag-Paliparan Road – from Zapote, Bacoor to Paliparan, Dasmariñas
- Molino Boulevard
- Daang Hari Road – covering the stretch of Aguinaldo Highway, Imus to Molino, Bacoor
Type of vehicles covered by the UVRS or number coding scheme
- Trucks (except those covered by truck bans)
- Private cars and vans
Exempted from the UVRS or number coding scheme
- All public utility vehicles including public utility jeepneys and buses
- Ambulance, firetrucks, police patrol cars, military vehicles with permanent marking indicating the vehicles as such. Ambulance and firetrucks, which are privately owned and properly marked as such, shall likewise be exempted
- Vehicles carrying person/s needing immediate medical attention
- Government vehicles with government plates
- Vehicles delivering perishable goods in commercial quantity, which include fresh vegetables, fruits and flowers; raw meat and fresh seafood; ice products; baked products with shelf life of 24 hours; medicine/vaccine expiring within 24 hours; and cooked food (catering)
- Vehicles used by medical practitioner in an emergency
- Duly enfranchised school buses and company shuttle service vehicles
- Vehicles on a mission to carry relief goods to identified calamity or highly depressed areas
Any person who was found violating the provisions of this ordinance shall be meted a fine of Three Hundred Pesos (P 300.00).