The university always appears to be a big scary world at first. Gone are the days when our parents fall in line for us during school enrollment. No more school bus and no more fixed class schedule. We are set to discover our independence and we are given the opportunity to mix in with the world of the grown-ups.
While the students take their time to get comfortable in the new environment, they also get to share experiences and live the culture that only the people inside the campus can understand. Being an alumnus of De La Salle University-Dasmarinas, I am happy to give you a glimpse of what it’s like to be inside our school.
Read on to find out the 14 things only DLSU-D students can relate to!
14. You have gazillion selfies with celebrities.
Movie shoots are frequent on university grounds. While the actors take a break on set, I bet you waited for the perfect time to ask, “Pwede pong magpa-picture sa inyo?”
13. You know where to score the best food spots around the university.
When budget becomes tight, you can always run to Momo’s and BB Tapsihan. Satisfaction guaranteed!
12. You and your classmates blame Roland for the chaotic pre-registration.
Roland and Pearl, we badly need your cooperation.
11. You already got used to the distinct smell of the lake.
Have you ever wondered what’s lurking deep down that lake?
10. There were days when Ikot La Salle was your last hope.
It’s either you’re running late for your 7 AM class, or your feet are already blistered from all that walking.
9. You don’t dare make eye contact with those SWAFO guys.
“Hala! May SWAFO pala sa malapit. Itago mo ‘ko!”
8. You’re tired of people asking where HSI Building is.
DLU-HSI is a completely different universe, folks.
7. The University election campaign will haunt you everywhere you go.
You’ll learn to love their political slogans and jingles, eventually.
6. You know you’ll miss Kuya and Ate from Almers.
University life will never be the same again.
5. There’s a lot to do during the long break.
Want to sleep comfortably? Run to the library. Feeling like laughing out loud with friends? Chill at the rotonda, grandstand or JFH kubo. In the mood to watch a movie? Alam na this.
4. You calculate the steps you’d take before you decide which gate to enter in.
‘Pag Gate 3, malayo. ‘Pag Gate 1, dami namang tao.
3. You answered your online assignment perfectly on the third time. WHEW!
Buti na lang si Schoolbook, nagbibigay ng chances.
2. Yes, everything you need is in National Bookstore.
And it’s just inside the campus!
1. You take the “star” logo seriously.
Here is a major throwback to DLSU’s centennial celebration. Look, a Human Lasallian Star!
Indeed, every student is wired differently, but it is in the university premises that we are honed to become the person we are today.
To my fellow La Sallian, have you also experienced some, if not all, of these things? Let us know your thoughts by sharing this article on Facebook or leaving a comment below!
Are you fond of writing? GoCavite is looking for talents like you! Send us a message to join our team!